Welcome to FMCSA MCSAC
Welcome to the website of the Motor Carrier Safety Advisory Committee (MCSAC) of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Established by the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU, Pub. L. 109-59), the MCSAC is charged with providing advice and recommendations to the FMCSA Administrator on motor carrier safety programs and motor carrier safety regulations. Chartered by the Secretary of Transportation on September 8, 2006, the current charter runs through September 30, 2013.
MCSAC membership is balanced and is comprised of 20 experts from the motor carrier safety advocacy, safety enforcement, industry, and labor sectors.
Appointed by the Administrator for two-year terms, members are chosen from a field of many qualified candidates who possess a wide range of motor carrier experience and expertise.
For questions concerning MCSAC or for more information, please e-mail email@example.com.
that if you have a complaint or inquiry about FMCSA
regulations, please see the following links and redirect your inquiry to the appropriate
EOBR Subcommittee Members
MCSAC Subcommittee Members
- R.C. Powell, Virginia State Police (subcommittee chairman)
- Rob Abbott, American Trucking Associations
- Tom Jacques, Pittsburgh Bureau of Police
- Jane Mathis, Parents Against Tired Truckers
- Janice Mulanix, California Highway Patrol
- Steve Owings, Road Safe America
- Dave Parker, Great West Casualty (MCSAC chairman)
- Robert Petrancosta, Con-way Freight
- Todd Spencer, Owner-Operator Independent Driver Association
- Calvin Studivant, Community Coach
Non-MCSAC Subcommittee Members
- Arthur Beech, Freight Systems
- Bill Bland, Rand McNally
- Alex Capelle, Continental Corporation
- Tom Cuthbertson, Xata Corp.
- Amy Daley, J.J. Keller and Associates, Inc
- Jeff Dean, Maryland State Police
- Eldon Dokter, Dokter Trucking
- Chinpai Jong, Daimler Trucks, North America
- Dave Kraft, Qualcomm Enterprise Services
- Brian McLaughlin, PeopleNet
- Randy West, CVSA (Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance)
- Wayne Wissinger, Mack-Volvo NAT (North American Truck
- Carlton Watkins, inthinc Technology Solutions, Inc
- Robin Doherty, Verigo, Inc.
- Benoit Vincent, FP Innovations
- Darren Christle, Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation
- Greer Woodruff, J.B. Hunt
- Larry Minor, Associate Administrator for Policy
- Shannon Watson, Senior Adviser to the Associate Administrator for Policy (MCSAC